- About us
- News and Events
- Enrolled nursing
- 2017 NENA Conference
NENA is now on Facebook!
Be sure to jump on to Facebook and like and/or share the NENA Facebook page. You can find us by searching for NENA.
Call for NENA News Material
New Directions for Enrolled Nurses
NENA is calling on enrolled nurses to submit material or ideas for the revamped NENA News.
APNA Education & Career Framework Project Update (13 January 2017)
A quick update on the progress we have made since the project commenced in February 2016:
• Over 700 nurses and other health professionals have been part of the consultation phase
• We have interviewed over 50 key stakeholders who have provided invaluable input and advice to guide the project
• We held 18 key stakeholder workshops, with over 260 people attending. Workshops have been held in every state/territory and online
• We presented on the project at 6 conferences
• We have developed the structure of the RN and EN Frameworks, informed by the consultation, and are currently refining the content
• We have developed a prototype of the Framework tool and tested it with 19 individuals
• We are kicking off our series of focus groups, with a full-day focus group for ENs on 4 February 2017.
For more information about the full-day focus group please click here.
October 2016 - Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
Keep up to date with important information relevant to the regulation and professional practice of nuring and midwifery in Australia.
October 2016 - Enrolled Nurses & Medication Administration
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia have released an Enrolled Nurses and Medication Administration Fact Sheet.
NENA Executive Committee Nominations
The below NENA Executive Committee positions have been successfully filled for the 2015 - 2017 period:
President - Louise Dearman
Vice President - Christine Anderson
Secretary - Siobhan Bidgood
Fund Raising Officer - Gail Martin
Fund Raising Officer - Tracey Dohnt
Public Relations Officer - Hollie Purton
Three Ordinary Members - Margie Cameron, Sue White & Kate Sarro
Three Ex-Officio Members - Sally-Anne Jones, Lee Thomas & Annie Butler
The following position is still available:
Assistant Secretary - position available
ANMF & NENA members are eligible to nominate and be part of the NENA Executive Committee for 2015 - 2017. Nominations closed on 29 January 2016, however, as there is still a vacant position, the NENA Executive will continue the work of NENA without this position being filled. We will be accepting late nominations should members be interested in nominating for the 2015 - 2017 period. For more information about what is involved in being part of the NENA Executive Committee and for a copy of the Nominations Form please click here.
For more information about the members of the NENA Executive Committee, please click here.
Register for the Global Acute Care Excellence Forum in February 2017!
For more events and full details click here.